Long winters don’t just take a toll on your body, mind and soul, they take greatly affect your skin too. Dryness, cracked skin and an overall lack lustre look are common problems that many of us suffer from during the colder months. But just like mother nature, our skin is capable of bouncing back and flourishing come the warmer and gentler weather of spring. All it takes is a little TLC.
In anticipation of the season change, I’ve been thinking about how to do a ‘Spring Skin Detox’ to get it looking extra radiant in time for when I start rocking pretty dresses and cute outfits again. For this information I called upon Sally Glover, the found of the FreshFaced.ca, to point me in the right direction.
What I love about Sally and Fresh Faced is the dedication to high-quality natural products. I know that Sally’s advice, and the products she recommends, will always be healthy choices for my skin. Here she shares the 5 items she recommends for rejuvenating your skin for spring, and why:
1. One Love Organics Vitamin B Active Moisture Cleansing Oil: A good facial cleanser is the first step to taking care of your skin. In addition to removing dirt, grime, and impurities; dissolving makeup; and unblocking your pores (without stripping away moisture), proper cleansing opens the door for other skin care products to perform at their best. No matter what your grandmother may have told you, good old soap and water is not your best defense. Enter One Love Organics Active Moisture Vitamin Cleansing Oil, the perfect foray into oil cleansing. The premise behind it is that when you massage oil into your skin, it will dissolve the oil already on your skin, which has likely hardened with impurities and become lodged in your pores, and replenish it with nourishing, beneficial oils.
2. Kahina Giving Beauty Argan Oil: Facial oils just might be the greatest achievement in beauty of the past decade. Kahina’s fairly traded organic argan oil is the ultimate in minimalist moisturizing. It feels luxurious going on—light and non-greasy, but incredibly moisturizing, and suitable for any skin type. As if that weren’t enough, you can use argan oil for all kinds of other beauty purposes, as well: added to foundation, liquid moisturizer, or bronzer, it imbues a luminous, radiant glow; mixed with one drop each of tea tree and lavender oils, it’s an amazing natural blemish treatment; blended with coffee or grounds, it makes a hydrating body scrub.
3. May Lindstrom Skin The Problem Solver Correcting Masque: Wake up a dull winter complexion with this biodynamic blend of antioxidant-rich raw cacao, healing bamboo charcoal, soil nutrients, salts, and exotic warming spices. The Problem Solver does just what the name promises: It effectively purifies and tightens pores, extinguishes inflammation, fights and heals blemishes, jump-starts circulation in the epidermis, and detoxifies skin—naturally. If you’ve never tried May Lindstrom’s products before, be forewarned: They’re a treat in every sense of the word.
4. Konjac Sponge Company Sponges: Konjac sponges are pillowy soft little wonder puffs that will change the way you exfoliate. Made with natural konjac fibre—a revolutionary vegetable fibre from the root of the Amorphophallus konjac plant—and pure volcanic-rock-filtered water, konjac sponges are alkaline and contain water; lipids; magnesium; zinc; vitamins A, C, E, and D; vitamins B1, B2, B6, and B12; niacin; fatty acids; folic acid; and fibre. By nature alkaline, konjac balances the acidity of the skin and gently removes impurities while massaging and stimulating blood flow. Konjac Sponge Company makes one for every skin type—and at $12, it’s an easy addition to your skin care routine.
5. Hurraw! Balm: Lots of us can’t leave home without some kind of lip balm, especially at this time of year. Since we use them for eating, drinking, and, most importantly, kissing, detoxing what you put on your lips is definitely a good skin care resolution. Hurraw! has created the perfect lip balm: all natural, vegan, and made from premium raw, organic and fair trade ingredients. It also meet some tough criteria: super smooth, not draggy, not sticky, not sweet, not too glossy, not too smelly, never grainy, and long lasting. Hurraw!
Still not sold on going natural for your beauty products? Take a look at some of these stats:
- 11 – percentage of ingredients in personal care products that have been test for safety
- 3136 – “fragrance” may contain any of this number of chemicals. Trade secret laws mean manufacturers aren’t required to list ingredients.
- 4 – personal care is the fourth consumption zone in Canada, after real estate, cars, and tourism.
- 11 – toxic ingredients Fresh Faced goods are guaranteed to be free of
- 12 – number of personal care products used by the average women every morning
- 6 – the average number of personal care products used daily by the average man
- 1 – Fresh Faced is Canada’s premier destination for natural nontoxic beauty products that work
- 168 – the average number ingredients we put on our skin every day
- 10,500 – ingredients used in personal care products… and growing
- 61 – percentage of tested lipstick brands show to contain lead
- 5.3 – billions of dollars Canadians spend per year on cosmetics
- 27 – natural luxury skin care, hair care, and cosmetic brands available at Fresh Faced
Fresh Faced is generously offering a 10% discount to all GracieCarroll.com readers using the promo code GRACIE10 on purchases made between now and Sunday February 23rd, 2014 at midnight! Head to FreshFaced.ca now to get shopping.
Have any questions about these products or what to try/buy? Leave a comment and we’ll help you out!
The post The Spring Skin Detox: How To Rejuvenate Your Skin appeared first on Gracie Carroll.