Attention chocolate lovers across the country! Something amazing was recently been introduced to Canada, and it is major news. That’s right, the one and only REESE Spreads is now available to Canadians from coast to coast! If you’re wondering if a chocolate spread is really worth getting this excited over, clearly you haven’t had the chance to try REESE Spreads in person yet. And trust me, you’re going to want to, as soon as possible.
Creamy, chocolate-y, peanut buttery – OH MY, this stuff is good. So good, that I began to wonder what else I could make with it. MORE THINGS NEED TO INVOLVE REESE SPREADS is specifically what I said to myself as soon as that first spoonful of chocolate heaven reached my lips.
Since I was heading out to a family dinner that evening, with the side of the family that happens to adore cheesecake, I decided I would try my hand at making the REESE Spreads Cheesecake recipe from Hershey’s Kitchen for everyone.
If you love Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, chocolate spreads and cheesecake, then this recipe is sure to please you too. Find out how to make the REESE spreads cheesecake recipe below!
(makes 12 servings)
3 pkgs (8oz each) cream cheese (750g)
1 1.4 cups REESE Spreads (300ml)
1 cups ugar (250ml)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1.2 tsp salt
1 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
2 tbsp sugar
1.4 cup melted butter
1. Heat oven to 350F (180C) and prepare the Crumb Crust.
2. Stir together the Graham Cracker crumbs with the sugar in a small bowl. Blend in the butter. Press mixture onto bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 8 minutes and cool.
3. Beach the creap cheese and 1 cup of peanut butter chocolate spread and sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla and salt. Pour into prepared crust.
4. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until almost set. *Remove from oven to wire rack. With a knife, immediately loosen cake from side of pan.
5. Place remaining 1/4 cup of spread in a small microwave-safe bowl. Heat at medium for 30 seconds; stir until smooth. Drizzle over top of the cheesecake and cool completely.
6. Cover; refrigerate for several hours or until chilled.
*Please note that cheesecakes are less likely to crack if baked in a water bath*
Let cool, and enjoy!