The Summer Sausage Salad is a take on the Barbecued Potato & Sausage Salad recipe found in the summer issue of the LCBO’s Food & Drink Magazine. It is easy, delicious and keeps really well – perfect for lunch the next day! When I’m not eating it, I’m dreaming about it. That’s how good it is.
1.5 lbs fingerling potatoes
3 tbs olive oil
salt and freshly ground pepper
2-3 hot Italian or fresh chorizo sausages
2 cups cherry tomatoes cut in half
1/4 cup slivered pitted Kalamata olives
1/2 cups slivered basil leaves
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp grainy Dijon Mustard
3 large kale leaves, slivered
1-2 peppers/zucchini/eggplant (use one or all)
- Oil grill and preheat barbecue to medium.
- Place potatoes in a pot and add enough cold salted water to cover. Boil just until almost tender, about 4 minutes. Drain. Cut thick ones vertically in half. Place potatoes in a medium bowl. Add 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Stir to coat.
- Meanwhile, place sausages on grills and turn occasionally until cook through, about 15 minutes. Once potatoes are tossed with oil, skewer and arrange on grill or place in a grill basket. Grill until tender, 4-6 minutes per side.
- Add vegetables to grill, once grilled evenly on both sides, toss in olive oil and fresh garlic.
- Cut the sausages, potatoes and vegetables into bite-size chunks. Transfer to a large bowl and add with tomatoes, olives, basil, and kale.
- Whisk remaining olive oil with vinegar and mustard. Toss everything together, add salt and pepper to taste.
Best enjoyed with drinks and good friends, cheers!
OMG look! It’s an NYC Squirrel spotted in Toronto!