As much as I love to cook, I’m probably one of the laziest cooks out there; my idea of an amazing recipe is anything that involves shoving all ingredients into one pot, and results in a delicious meal without any added work. As you can imagine, I was over the moon when I discovered this healthy Moroccan stew with chicken recipe that is SO EASY it didn’t even require any braising or sauteing. That’s right, this recipe is so great that you really just put all of your ingredients into a Dutch Oven or Slow Cooker, leave it for a while, and then dig in. YUM!
I found the original recipe in Nigella Lawson’s Simply Nigella cookbook, and adapted it to make it even easier and simpler to make. For example, I replaced the preserved lemons with fresh lemons because I’ve never been able to find preserved lemons in Toronto, and everyone is far more likely to have a fresh lemon hanging around their kitchen instead. Right?
This recipe is also perfect to make in my beloved new Staub Round Cocotte in White that I am totally obsessed with.
Watch my latest video below to see how to make this recipe yourself!
- 8 Chicken things, with bones and skin
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 fresh lemons, roughly chopped
- 3 cups chickpeas, drained from a can
- 2 teaspoons of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Pinch of saffron threads
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 1/3 cup of golden raisins
- 1 cup pitted green olives
- chopped fresh cilantro to garnish
- Add all ingredients to the pot of your large dutch oven or slow cooker
- If using a dutch oven, bring to a boil on your stove top and then let simmer on medium heat for 2 hours. You can also move to the oven if you prefer.
- If using a slow cooker, cook on low for 4 hours.
- Once cooked, check that the chicken easily falls off the bone to make sure it’s cooked enough.
- Pull chicken and remove bones if desired
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.
The post New VIDEO! Easy One Pot Moroccan Stew with Chicken Recipe! appeared first on Gracie Carroll.