It’s not every day that you get to spend the night at a luxury hotel and wake up to have breakfast with one of Canada’s leading celebrity chefs, but that’s exactly what happened to me last week thanks to my friends at Nespresso. The experience was so luxe from start to finish, and it was most definitely a perfect way to kick off the launch of the two newest Nespresso Grand Cru coffees – Solelio and Giornio.
If you are familiar with Nespresso, you already know just how much of a time-saver these little coffee pods and their machines can be in the mornings (and throughout the day) when you’re busy and on the go. The two new flavours offer lighter, easy-drinking coffees for the morning that are sure to appeal to the Canadian market.
It was after a stay in a swanky suite at the Windsor Arms Hotel in the heart of Yorkville that I found myself sitting inside the big and bright location of the Nespresso flagship shop and cafe in Toronto. Famed Chef Ricardo Larrivee was there to host the breakfast and introduce the day’s guests to the breakfast bars he created specifically to pair with Nespresso’s new Grand Crus coffees – certainly not a bad way to kick off the weekend!
If you are in Toronto, I would highly encourage you to take advantage of the promotion that Nespresso is launching today, Monday May 3oth to June 3rd, from 7-11am at 200 Bay Street that will get you a FREE Nespresso coffee and Ricardo Breakfast Bar at the pop-up. If not, here I’m sharing the Ricardo Breakfast Bar Recipe with raspberry and dark chocolate that was my personal favourite and tasted fantastic paired with the new Giornio. See how to make it below so you can enjoy both in the comfort of your own home no matter where you are!
The Ricardo Breakfast Bar Recipe with Raspberry and Dark Chocolate
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
Make: 24 bars (freezes well)
2 1/2 cups wheat bran cereal
1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup almond butter, room temperature
1/3 cup lightly packed brown sugar
1 cup milk
1 cup toasted almond, finely chopped
6 oz dark chocolate, chopped
1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
1. With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350F. Butter and line a 17 x 12-inch baking sheet with parchment paper letting it hang over two sides.
2. In a bowl, combine the cereal, oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
3. in another bowl, cream the butter, almond butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer. Add the eggs and beat until smooth. Add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk, until the batter is just moistened. With a spatula, stir in the almonds, chocolate and raspberries.
4. Spread and lightly press the batter in an even layer into the prepared pan. Bake for about 30 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
5. let cool completely before cutting into bars.
The post The Nespresso and Ricardo Breakfast Bar Recipe with Raspberry and Chocolate appeared first on Gracie Carroll.