Every week, we gather our favourite tweets from in and around Toronto’s fashion scene. This week we’ve got Nathalie Atkinson’s two cents on Uncle Karl’s loose lips, gift ideas for your Valentine from Holt Renfrew and new spring-forward styling ideas from Diane Kruger.
Earlier this week, Karl Lagerfeld got into some trouble for calling Adele fat, but the National Post’s @NathAt isn’t that mad at him for it:
- Grateful for Karl Lagerfeld & his big mouth – at least he’s making size in fashion a conversation. #unwittingly natpo.st/x2lfkZ
Admiring beautiful, successful and talented couples from afar is no longer enough. We also want to know what they buy! Thankfully, @HoltRenfrew has helped us out:
- Need some VDay gift giving ideas? Check out what these stylish duos will be exchanging! #puckerup holtsmuse.com/fashion/spread…pic.twitter.com/AHtq8piL
What better way to celebrate the start of NYFW than with a game of dress up that involves the fashion elite? @NYMag’s got everyone playing:
- We can’t stop RT @cutblog: Outfit-O-Matic: Dress Anna Wintour,@Carine_Roitfeld, @KanyeWest, and more for #nyfw nym.ag/xl2bbG
Weekends and manicures go hand in hand. Even better is when free cocktails and a charitable cause are involved. Check out @JUMPonline’s event:
- Join us on Sunday Feb 12 when JUMP is transformed into a day spa for pamering you for a good cause! book you appt… fb.me/1KErJwbTw
Everyday, all we hear is who loves or hates Lana Del Rey (and how much). Well, like @Gawkersays, the numbers are in and she’s fooled us all:
- Lana Del Rey Tells Everyone to Go Lana Del Rey Themselvesgawker.com/5883518/
Before stripping down to your skivvies on Valentine’s Day, how about trying a new @Flarefashionapproved layering technique?
- Diane Kruger wore a skirt over a dress today. It looks great, don’t you think?flare.com/blog/post/5482…
(post as seen on postcity.com)