It wasn’t so long ago that Shoppers Drug Mart seemed, to me, like beauty product heaven. It didn’t take much for me to leave spending at least $50-100, stocking up on every new shampoo, body wash, and body lotion available. Today (for the most part) the thought of buying beauty products at Shoppers is completely horrifying and it’s because I’ve changed my habits and outlook on what I put on my body over the past few years. Now I spend more time and money on sourcing the best natural and healthier products, and buy locally-made when possible.
For more serious reasons, Ingrid Doucet made this change too, when she was diagnosed with a rare form of leukemia. Determined to never hear ‘you have cancer’ ever again, she set out on a mission to educate herself to become as healthy as possible, and turned to the products she was using first. After all of Ingrid’s labour-intensive research, she wanted to share her findings with everyone, ”I wanted to share my new-found love and knowledge for brands that really practice what they preach and create an efficient, yet inspiring, outlet for others to enjoy.”
What she came up with is ClementineFields.ca, her Toronto-based online boutique specializing in organic, all-natural beauty products, that launched in May this year. Since I can be fairly indecisive (most often when presented with too many great options) I called upon Ingrid to find out what’s the very best of the best, and why. Here are her top 5 favourites from her online beauty boutique, Clementine Fields:
1) Tata Harper Aromatic Stress Treatment – “I know it’s summer and a lot of us are on vacation and hanging out in the sun, so it’s not exactly the most stressful time of year but this scent is soooo beautiful. I carry it with me everywhere I go, so if you can smell divine AND feel calm.”
This is a soothing and uplifting blend of florals and essential oils can help dispel anxiety and stress and promote relaxation. $82 CAD.
2) Suntegrity Broad Spectrum Face Sunscreen – “This toxic-free sunscreen goes on beautifully and does not leave a pasty coating. It is also great for anyone with sensitive skin (such as rosacea and acne). It’s also wonderful as a primer before makeup.”
This is a rich, non-greasy, “chem-free” face sunscreen that offers Broad Spectrum Protection against damaging UVA & UVB rays. Infused with youth promoting antioxidants and astaxanthin. 3 in 1 product functions as a face moisturizer, sunscreen and make-up primer all in one. Vegan, Non-Greasy, Non-Toxic, Light, Uplifting Citrus Scent, Cruelty Free (PETA & Leaping Bunny Cert.) $48 CAD.
3) Crawford Street Skincare Lemon Deodorant Cream – “I love this all-natural deodorant and our reviews of this product have been amazing. We’ve had people order 3 or 4 at a time! The smell is light, it goes on smoothly and does not irritate the skin.”
This is a citrus scented cream deodorant is completely natural. It includes more than 10 essential oils that are deodorizing, antibacterial and antifungal. No aluminum, no parabens, no yellow shirt stains! $12 CAD.
4) May Lindstrom’s The Good Stuff – “May calls it her ‘fabric free lingerie’. I am obsessed with body oils and this one is so gorgeous. It’s a must-have for summer – it leaves you golden and dewy. You can even run some through your hair for a lovely shine”
The total body elixir will recharge your relationship with your skin. A rich and decadent marriage of cocoa, rose, lavender, and ylang-ylang tantalizes your senses while enveloping your every inch in luxurious hydration. $112 CAD.
5) Kahina Giving Beauty Toning Mist – “I always carry around this lovely toning mist as well (yes, I have a big purse). It feels so good when it’s warm out and it calms irritated or red skin. It also contains argan leaf and green tea which have great anti-aging properties!! I love products that have multi uses.”
This is a bioactive mist that boosts hydration, balances pH, calms redness, and aids absorption of oil-based treatments and moisturizers. $46 CAD.
Use promo code gracie to get 15% off Clementine Fields until August 1st!
Love it? Hate it? Leave a comment and let me know what you think!